- If you use our stuff, please link to us to help other people find us.
- If you make money from using our stuff, share it with us!
- Don't sell or steal our stuff, or be nasty to us.
- Don't use our stuff to deceive or mislead others.
- Thanks very much to our contributors!
The Small Print
The creators of the exhibits can be identified by the capitalised initials
between the last dash ('-') and the following dot ('.'), eg in:
the photographer is DHD, ie Damon Hart-Davis.
- AHD (65): Adrienne Hart-Davis.
- AJHD (1182): Adam Hart-Davis, http://www.adam-hart-davis.org/. For full-quality high-res copies of more of Adam Hart-Davis' photos (not free!), please contact the Science Photo Library in London by email or phone +44 (0) 20 7432 1100.
- AJPP (60): Adam J Polczyk-Przybyla.
- AL (138): Adrian Lewis.
- ANON (753): Anonymous. Not credited to a particular individual because the source is not known (or sometimes when the item comes from the public domain) or has asked to remain anonymous.
- AS (8): Alan Shaw, http://www.alanshaw.com/.
- ATE (124): Amy Trustram Eve.
- AXM (6): Alex Mifsud.
- BG (2537): Bruno Girin.
- BGK (15): Burkhard Kloss.
- BRM (110): Brian Morris.
- BS (13): Bruce Spittle, http://www.moasightings.com/.
- CB (1): Colin Barker.
- CF (22): Charles Ferguson.
- CKB (103): Conor and Kellee Brennan, http://conorbrennan.fotopic.net/.
- CL (191): Clive Lewis.
- CS (350): Caroline Skene.
- CTS (3): Chris Smith.
- DB (35): David Brown, http://www.vasectomy-information.com/.
- DBW (81): Dave B Wiseman.
- DHD (23874): Damon Hart-Davis, http://d.hd.org/. Gallery maintainer.
- DW (5): Dina Wasfi.
- EE (4): Kevin Hard, Evo Energy, http://www.evoenergy.co.uk/. Evo Energy installed the solar PV grid-tie system that partly powers the Gallery!
- EHD (43): Eloise Hart-Davis, http://www.hd.org/Eloise/.
- EPB (4): Elvis Presley Biography, http://www.elvis-presley-biography.com/.
- FW (54): Fiona Walshe.
- GS (27): Gary Scott.
- JBG (132): James Gray.
- JC (6): John Critchley, http://www.critchley.biz/.
- JH (14): Jon Hanson, http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonhanson.
- JP (49): Jean-Paul Bennett.
- JR (3137): Jean Ryder.
- JT (103): Jean Thornhill.
- JV (74): Justin Vassallo, http://www.lidram.org/.
- KAR (6): Dr Kerry Anthony Rodgers.
- KKL (4): Koun Kit Lee.
- KNML (33): Katrina Nicole Mifsud Lateo. Contact c/o AXM.
- KY (9): Lukita Wardhani. Contact c/o the Gallery.
- LHD (4): Louis Hart-Davis.
- MB (726): Matt Bridger, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattsmavica/.
- MHD (2): Morgan Hart-Davis, http://www.hd.org/.
- MJ (6): MumboJumbo.
- MY (589): Maryam Yahyavi, http://www.mightyquill.com/.
- NC (32): Neal Cross.
- OGS (157): Oswald Skene. Contact via CS.
- PAR (309): Phyllis Ryder. Contact via Jean Ryder.
- PD (16): Pat Dean. Photos kindly donated by Doris Dean, his wife.
- RAF (30): Richard Fraser.
- RDA (2): Richard Ashwell.
- RF (16): Roderick Farrugia.
- RH (42): Robbie Hayton.
- RHR (53): Rick Robinson, http://www.thewilloughbyarms.com/.
- SAH (3): SETI@home, http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/.
- SB (28): Susan Blackmore, http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/.
- SEW (157): Stephen Eric Wood.
- SK (430): Simone Kay, http://www.stainedglass-artists.co.uk/. Simone Kay Stained Glass +44 (0)20 8287 7743
- SMO (45): Simon Collins.
- SP (9): Seema Patel.
- SUMA (5): Cosma Suma.
- TC (11): Two 'Cellos, http://www.two.cellos.co.uk/.
- VG (11): Vicki Garner.
- WL (150): William Lorenz, http://www.ixaris.com/.
- XSL (12): Xue Shirley Li.
- YG (5): Ylva Grefberg.
For full-quality copies of more of Adam Hart-Davis' photos (not free!), please contact the
Science Photo Library in London
by email or 'phone +44 (0) 20 7432 1100.
To see who has contributed what, see the collections organised
Thanks are also due to the many people who have contributed in other ways
to the Gallery such as through donations
and to the code, translations, etc.
The creators of these Gallery images, sounds and other multimedia items
retain copyright, but grant you the following non-exclusive rights to use them
for any reasonable commercial or non-commercial purpose, providing:
- You do not pass this work off as your own or redistribute or resell it.
- You do not systematically download or copy any significant fraction
of the Gallery without my express
advance permission (for reasons of bandwidth and enforcing the
- You may not use these works to deceive third parties such as Web surfers,
eg by luring people into an otherwise content-free Web site
to force or encourage them to leave via an advertisement,
as this both deceives and waylays the visitor
and steals money from an advertiser with a poorly-qualified lead/clickthrough.
- You acknowledge the author, including in derivative works,
if possible with a caption of the form:
Author Name/DHD Multimedia Gallery
You might improve this with a link to the lobby of the Gallery at
rel="nofollow" attribute if possible),
which is the "official" top/entrance URL for the Gallery.
(Note that other pages may be renamed or renumbered at any time,
so linking to them is unreliable.)
- You bear any liability arising from use of the Gallery exhibits.
- You do not use the material in the Gallery to harm or attempt to
harm or embarrass the author(s), Gallery or associated people or organisations.
- You make an effort to contribute similar material of your own creation
to the Web under similar terms, if and when you can.
Only the catalogued multimedia files
listed in the body of each page by name are available under these terms. All
rights are reserved on all other content of the pages.
As an exception to this, items marked as contributed by "ANON" and
that mention that they are from a PD (public-domain) distribution,
may be freely redistributed (eg some of the sound clips) as that is how
they were obtained.
We would be very grateful if you would consider a
donation towards our running costs
if you use one of our exhibits!
There are some other resources available
that you may wish to use.
Thank you for taking the time to read and understand these conditions.
And thanks once again to our contributors for making
this whole gallery possible in the first place!